Rahul Bhatia Biography:
Rahul Bhatia is an Indian businessman, co-founder, non-government director of low-value provider IndiGo, and founder & institution handling director of InterGlobe Enterprises. The IndiGo airline started operations in August 2006 and made its first public supplying in October 2015. Following the airline’s list at the Indian inventory alternate BSE and NSE, Forbes mag declared him the 20th richest character in India (alongside his Father Kapil Bhatia), with an internet well worth $ 3.1 billion.
Rahul was born in 1955 in India. As a pupil at the University of Waterloo, he labored for two years with IBM. Bhatia desired to do a doctorate and emerge as a teacher. However, he additionally did a few facts-era paintings for United Airlines. In 1985, on the headquarters of the airways in Chicago, he met Rakesh Gangwal, who later based Indindi in 2006.
|Real Name||Rahul Bhatia|
|Famous For||Being the Co-Founder of IndiGo Airlines|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 175 cm
in meters– 1.75 m
in feet inches– 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 80 kg
in pounds– 175 lbs
|Date of Birth||18 December 1955|
|Age (as in 2018)||62 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|College/University||University of Waterloo|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor in Engineering|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award: 2010
• Economic Times Entrepreneur of the Year Award: 2011
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||Son– Arunanshu Bhatia
Daughter– Avantika Bhatia
|Parents||Father– Kapil Bhatia (Executive Chairman of InterGlobe Enterprises Limited)
Mother– Name Not Known
|Favourite Holiday Destination||British Columbia, Canada|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹21,000 Crore ($3.1 Billion)|
Rahul Bhatia, as a student, labored for 2 years with IBM, wherein he turned into concerned within side the pilot challenge to installation a totally computerized display factory. His father, Kapil Bhatia, used to run a tour company referred to as Delhi Express, which were given into problem whilst Rahul Bhatia turned into residing within side the United States. Rahul Bhatia back to India and commenced his profession as a businessman with the aid of using founding InterGlobe Enterprises in 1989, engaged in air delivery control. He quick diverse into different organizations and additionally advanced quantity of tour associated organizations. InterGlobe Enterprises is a privately held employer institution which, similarly to working the airline, additionally runs tour control organizations, chain of motels in JV with Accor Hotels and 3 eating places in Gurgaon, Haryana. Together with Rakesh Gangwal, Rahul Bhtia co-based IndiGo, which began out in August 2006.
Rahul Bhatia presently serves because the Non-Executive Director of IndiGo and Group Manager of InterGlobe Enterprises.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rahul Bhatia:
- Does Rahul Bhatia smoke ?: Not known
- Does Rahul Bhatia Drink Alcohol ?: Not Known
- His father owned a small airline representation company, Delhi Express, with nine partners.
- He initially wanted to pursue a doctorate and become a teacher.
- As a student at the University of Waterloo, Rahul worked for two years with IBM. He was involved in a project
- to set up a fully automated screen factory.
- He also worked for United Airlines in the Information Technology Department. It was here that he met Rakesh
- Gangwal (co-founder of IndiGo) at the airlines’ headquarters in Chicago.
- While in Canada, his father’s travel agency ran into problems.
- He then returned to India and founded his own company AirGlobe Enterprises, which deals with air transport management, in 1989.